Monday, September 3, 2012

Homeschooling Two Vibrant Boys

In societal standards, homeschooling is not natural.  I, myself, grew up attending the public school system, so perhaps it is more accurate for me to say that homeschooling feels unnatural to me.  And yet, there is the allure of educating one's own children, which is completely natural.

Joey, currently 4 years of age, and Ezra, currently 2 years of age, are my focal points, in addition to the continuous self-polishing inherent to a life full of learning and relearning.  Hopefully, when Joey and Ezra are my age, they will mostly be learning and not doing too much relearning.  But, I digress.


So, as you may be able to tell, I have two vibrant boys.  They are extremely energetic, unremittingly mobile, and need a plethora of planned and sporadic activities to keep them happy.  Otherwise, the whirlwind chaos they create is on par with the aftermath of a derecho storm.

My old, wooden, ink-splattered desk provides a key spot for me to brew up the activities that Joey and Ezra need for a happy homeschooling life in the Shenandoah Valley.

Put your feet up, friend, and enjoy the zany antics, the seldom-fused eureka moments, and consider how our earnest attempts at letting life discipline us might inspire your day, too.

1 comment:

  1. Subscribing! Can't wait to witness the inspired splattering! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!